Technology has dramatically changed the way hotels around the world operate. Now more than ever, there is constant need for innovation and differentiation due to the likes of Airbnb and others.
What are we seeing as the hottest trends in 2018?
MEC2, the manufacturer of the livecookintable modular furniture system for innovative food presentation and live-cooking, has researched some of the greatest on-trend influences resulting in the following:
• Restaurant / co-working / co-living spaces are increasingly merging into a social environment
• Storytelling. The hotel must tell a story that inspires and emotionally links customers with their brand
• Strong “non-gastronomy“ brands are entering the hotel industry, e.g. West Elm
• Foodhalls and pop-up restaurants in hotels are booming
• Grab‘n Go is growing (offers “to go“ are becoming increasingly important)
• Design without any attitude: e.g. Moxy hotels, 25hs hotels, Rove or aloft convey a new sense of life
• Instagrammer have a strong impact on hotel design
Expression is captured in the interiors and the every-growing investment requirement in social media strategies. From colorful fashion to the baroque opulence, industrial, brutalist minimalism
and even eclecticism – all will take its place in 2018. Regional authenticity too is becoming more and more prevalent and important. One fundamental requirement regardless of the market the
hotel is looking to capture is ensuring on-trend flexibility across the culinary offering.
In support of this, MEC2 has recently launched their award winning on-trend designs with its livecookintable Baukasten, seen in the new 2018 online catalog “look-book” available here.